What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog & website?
When submitting a form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information when you use the contact form or subscribe to a newsletter on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
– Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
– We use regular malware scanning.
– Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
– We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Anya Wait Photo and Doula respects your privacy and will never sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties (beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or service or for the basic functionality of an online service) without your consent. On occasion we may collect personal identification information from you in connection with optional contests, special offers or promotions. Anya Wait Photo and Doula will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the contest, special offer or promotion. We will ask for your consent to such disclosure and use of such information, prior to your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Fair Information Practices
Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and the third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are also located in the United States or other countries located outside the EU. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the derogation in Article 49 permitting non-repetitive transfers that concern only a limited number of data subjects, as permitted by Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation that is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
Last edited on 05-03-2019